Why, you ask?
Because Sailor Moon
is so easy to make fun of.
You're probably wondering who half of these people are, so here's a list of them according to their appearance:Sailor Moon
- Sailor Moon is the main character from the anime...uh...Sailor Moon
. She has with her a team of eight other "Sailors", each named after a planet in the Solar System (which just begs to be parodied in some way or another).Marvin the Martian
- Marvin the Martian is a member of the Looney Tunes
. He is constantly going on about destroying the Earth with his Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator, and now you know why.The Klingons
- The Klingons are the main adversaries in the Star Trek
series. Their homeworld is actually Qo'noS
, but I don't think anybody would've made the connection if he were called "Sailor Qo'noS
".Elvis the Maian
- Elvis (or "Protector One") is Joanna Dark's alien sidekick in the Nintendo 64 game "Perfect Dark
". Why he prefers to be called "Elvis" is a mystery to me.Mr. Saturn
- The Mr. Saturns are goofy-lookin' little creatures from the Earthbound
videogame as well as cannon fodder in Super Smash Bros. Melee
.Bluto & Popeye
- Popeye and Bluto are two sailors (real ones, in this case) from the old Popeye the Sailor
cartoons, which consisted of Popeye and Bluto beating the living crap out of each other in order to win over the heart of Ms. Olive Oyl.Dr. Robotnik
- Dr. Robotnik (aka Eggman
) is the iron-fisted tyrant of the planet Mobius in the Sonic the Hedgehog
series. Splicing his phrase "SnooPING AS usual" in order to make him say a certain male body part has become an internet fad.
- Teal'c is the Jaffa warrior from the Stargate SG-1
series. His "symbiote" is a worm-like parasite that lives in his stomach and gives him heightened strength & health, but if it is removed he dies.The Jawa
- Jawas are little creatures from Star Wars
that inhabit the deserts of the planet Tattooine. They roam about stealing robots and selling them off at markets (like roving bands of carjacking dwarves).Peppy Hare
- Peppy Hare is Fox McCloud's wingmate in Nintendo's StarFox
series. His famous phrase "DO A BARREL ROLL" has become a popular internet meme.Optimus Prime
- Optimus Prime is the leader of the Autobots in the Transformers
series. He and his Autobots are constantly fighting the evil Megatron and his Decepticons.
I hope you all like this comic because it was time-consuming, stressful, and I can now draw Sailor Moon blindfolded because of it.
Believe it or not, that really is Klingon. Go type it into a translator.
How the heck
could I have forgotten the alien pilot from Independence Day
Looking back at this a year later, those have got to be the worst 20 Sailor Moons I've ever drawn.